September is a great time to take advantage of some great price drops and buy anything from a new iPhone to making some home upgrades you’ve been dreaming of. In September, retailers are gearing up for Black Friday and the holiday shopping season by clearing out the old to make room for newer models. This article will show you the best things to buy in the month of September to make your hard earned cash go further.
- Mattresses, bed linens and bath towels – Watch for the best prices on mattresses or sheet sets starting on Labor Day weekend. It’s not unusual throughout the month of September to see the lowest prices on bath towels too.
- Plane Tickets – this one’s a wildcard with travel still not normal at all because of the pandemic. Historically, you see good airfare deals starting in the fall with travelers starting to think about travelling for Thanksgiving and Christmas. A nice rule of thumb is to start looking for plane tickets around 8 weeks before you plan to fly.
- Apple iPhones – Watch in the fall months starting in September for previous models of the iPhone to begin to drop in price. For example, I just personally picked up the iPhone X for roughly 50% off the price when it was first released!
- Plants – Home Depot, Lowes and your local nurseries are looking to move out all that summer stock and make room for fall shrubs and plans. Get great clearance prices now and fill in your outdoor areas with perennials that will come back for you to enjoy in the spring and summer months next year.
- Summer Gear – Peruse Walmart and Target in store for great deals (especially for the kids for next year) on swimsuits, summer clothes, sandals, sunscreen and summer toys like pool toys, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and even bicycles!
- Grills & Yard Equipment – Along with summer clothes and toys, this is the time to find a lawn mower, landscaping equipment, lawn chairs and all your patio furniture at slashed prices.
- Denim – Watch throughout September for the best prices on jeans. Stores often have too much on hand from overbuying for back to school shoppers. This is a great chance to buy next year’s sizes for your little ones and older kids.
- School Supplies – School is in session and most of us have already bought what the kids will need this year. Buy up discounted school supplies for next year OR to make additional donations to your kids’ classrooms as they may need pencils, notebooks and more throughout the year.
- Large Household Appliances – After Labor Day is historically the time to upgrade your kitchen appliances or washers and dryers. However, right now with the pandemic you may not find the best deals OR the wait for a new appliance may be very long due to supply shortages. If you can hold off for now, I definitely would to avoid paying too much or having a really long wait. Remember in the future that after Labor Day and throughout September is the time to buy a new fridge, stove or washer and dryer.
I hope this list was helpful to you! If you know of anything else you can get the best deal on in September, feel free to let me know! Watch for next month’s article to learn how to save a ton on everything from fall decor to Halloween candy!
Want 3,000+ MORE FREEBIES?
$1,000’s of Dollars in Freebies?
Grab my BEST SELLING E-Freebie BOOK
Things YOU NEED TO Know about this getting freebies.
✔️ IF YOU ARE DOING SURVEY after SURVEY YOU ARE ON A SCAM FREEBIE / Free sample. I REPEAT, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING Survey , after Survey TO GET FREEBIES / Free Samples!
✔️ I DO NOT GIVE OUT THE FREEBIES / Free Samples.
✔️ READ ALL THE DIRECTION ON EACH BLOG POST. ALL OF THEM.
✔️ New Freebies are Listed on my blog Daily. www.FreebieLady.com . |
✔️ DOING Reviews to get free stuff from AMAZON goes against Amazon’s terms of Service. DO. NOT. DO THEM! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT Eventually.
✔️ This blog is NOT JUST About freebies and free samples. I also talk about becoming debt-free, being frugal, Getting great deals, and MORE!