If there is one thing I hate it’s cable. We “Cut the Cable” years ago. However, if you’re anything like me then I am sure there are still TV shows and movies you want to watch.
Luckily for you, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. You can watch ALL of your favorite TV shows for free, and safely. Many of these services work on advertising. They show ads on the side or top of the home page. I will advise you when going through this list do NOT download anything. These are not services where you have to download the movie or TV show. If you are asked to download the movie or show then you probably clicked on something wrong.
- Peacok – Peacok is probably the best-known FREE TV streaming service. While it does have a paid version, it also has an amazing FREE option. It has a ton of NBC content as well as movies. It even has its own original programming!
- Roku Channel
- IMDB TV
- Sling TV Free – Free with Amazon Prime ( hopefully it’s not expired when you are reading this. Also, free 3 Day Trail without prime.
- Crackle – ad-based service.
- Pluto TV is noteworthy for offering not only on-demand movies but also live TV channels including CBS News and CNET.
- Tubi TV
- Plex .
- Hoopla – This digital-media service allows you to check out all kinds of stuff — from books to movies to TV shows. When you “borrow” one, you have 72 hours in which to watch it. Library Card Needed.
- Crunchyroll, VRV, Funimation – two of the most popular anime streaming services.
- Popcornflix– is a free streaming app specifically for movie content. The app boasts a modest 700 movies with new films added frequently.
- Xumo – Whether you want it now or later, Xumo offers live TV and on-demand options for your TV viewing pleasure. You can choose from an assortment of major network news channels that are live streaming.
- Funny or Die – The go-to streaming app for comedy programming is Funny or Die.
- NewsOn – Streaming video isn’t always just about entertainment. For the more serious-minded cord-cutters out there, the NewsON app provides hundreds of local and national news streams.